Brides in the UK spend on average 14 months planning their big
day, but is it possible to plan a whirl wind wedding from
engagement to 'I do' in just four months?
Our Wedding Executive at Crewe Hall says 'yes absolutely' but you
will need a clear plan, and here's how:
Four months to go:
• Set a date and secure your venue including booking your
registrar or church
• Agree your guest list and confirm provisional numbers with your
• Confirm that your venue is holding rooms for overnight
• Send out "Save the Dates" to guests - with details on the
overnight room booking process
• Recruit your bridesmaids
• Get your long list of preferred suppliers together
• Dress shopping!
Three months to go
• Order invitations
• Order rings
• Meet with and confirm your main suppliers from photographer to
• Meet with your caterer to taste food and plan the menu
• Book wedding cars
• Order cake or agree who'll be making it for you if a generous
• Check your passport doesn't need renewing. If it does - get the
process started this month.
Two months to go:
• Book your honeymoon
• Book appointments for a manicure and pedicure for the day before
the wedding and a hair and makeup stylist for the big day
• Send out your invitations
• Buy bridesmaid dresses, groom, best man and usher suits or
• Register for gifts.
• Meet with the registrar to plan the ceremony.
• Confirm final guest numbers with your venue and settle your
Four weeks to go
• Create a music list for your band
• Contact guests who haven't responded to your invitation
• Create your table plan
• Hold hen & stag celebrations
Three weeks to go
• Have your dress fitting
Two weeks to go
• Pick up rings
One week to go
• Pick up your dress
• Give the venue and caterer your final headcount
• Pack for the honeymoon.
• Treat yourself to a pampering massage in our spa! Your big day
is almost here!
Crewe Hall offers some amazing late availability packages to suit
all numbers and requirements. Our specialised Wedding Coordinators
are on hand to help plan all those small details to ensure your day
Back to news and blog
There are no comments on the post yet. Be the first.
All required fields are marked with a *
Please enter your email address here so that we can send you our latest offers. We promise not to bombard your inbox but simply keep you up to date with QHotels best offers.