Charity work at Ashford International Hotel
How have we raised money?
Fundraising work that has taken place at Ashford International
Hotel to support these two worthy charities includes:
Ashford International Hotel raised over £2,500 in total from the
• Charity Rowathon in October in our Gym.
• Various bake sales with yummy cakes made by our staff.
• Car wash in July
• Staff Christmas Party with Race Night to raise money
• Pound on the Pillow
• Housekeeping boot fair
• Our Reception Shift Leader Ashley Watson ran the Brighton Marathon in aid of Royal Marsden Cancer Charity
In addition to this, Ashford International Hotel have adopted
Tugar, the Siberian tiger who lives at Port Lympne Wild Animal
Last year we raised £2,000 split between Dandelion Time &
The Royal Marsden Hospital. Each department was tasked with running
a fundraising initiative and here are just some of them:
• Leisure Club members curry & quiz night for Children in Need on 13th Nov 2015 & raised £465
• In 2015 our staff 'Tuck Shop' raised £250
• We sold some of the honey produced by our own bees that live on the roof of the hotel….The rest, our guests enjoyed at breakfast!
• In partnership with TerraCycle we recycle all our biscuit wrappers & coffee packaging which generates charity reward points for our chosen charity. In 2015 Ashford International Hotel finished 1st place in the QHotels leader board for this initiative.
NSPCC national partnership
We're delighted to announce a new national partnership with the
NSPCC, bringing QHotels' guests and employees together to raise
£300,000 over the next three years.
Each of our 26 QHotels across the UK will be hosting a number of
fun and creative fundraising events, offering up different ways for
guests and employees to get involved - from family activities to
Here are just some of the ways Ashford International Hotel has
already raised money & what we have planned for the year
What have we done so far?
• Staff 'Tuck Shop' has so far raised £210 (As of June 2016)
• Euro 2016 Sweepstake raised £63.50
• Leisure Club members Summer BBQ raised £220
• We continue to work with TerraCycle to recycle our biscuit wrappers & coffee packaging
What's planned for the rest of 2016?
• Our Director of Sales Michelle Hutchinson (Hutch) & HR Manager Mitch Churcher will be doing the Three Peaks Challenge on 20th & 21st August. So far (as of 1st Aug 2016) their JustGiving page has raised £816.56. if you would like to donate please click here
• Our Senior Spa Therapist Holly Nickalls will be doing a Sky Dive on 27th August. If you would like to donate please click here
• The Great Ashford Bake Off - September
• Spa - Spray Tans for just £10! All proceeds will be donated to NSPCC - 29th September
• Letters from Santa - November
• Coffee & carols week - December
Working with the community
On 16th June 2016 we invited the Greatstone Guides to a
beekeeping demonstration and to make over our bug hotel and nature
reserve to earn their green badges.
We are also proud adoptive parents to Ambam, the Western Lowland
Gorilla. He lives at Port Lympne Wild Animal Park (about a 20 min
drive away). Leaflets on Howletts and Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks
are available from reception. If you do take a trip to Port Lympne
& pay him a visit please say hi from us!
Cycle hire is also available at Ashwood Cycle Centre
located near the hotel. They offer competitive rates:
First day hire £17.95 with a £50 deposit
Second day hire only £9.50.
Ashwood Cycle Centre
Ellingham Industrial Estate