Recipe of the month
Lemon souffle recipe and method
Prep time: 45mins
Chilling time: 3 hours
2 lemons, zest and juice
3 eggs, separated
210ml whipping cream
150g caster sugar
2 gelatine leaves
- Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water and set aside.
- Take a piece of baking paper and tie it around a ramekin(using
an elastic band or a stapler), leaving a 2-4cm lip on top so that
the souffle mix can overflow the ramekin top when you pour it
- Put the lemon zest and juice, sugar and egg yolks in a bowl.
Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, then turn off the heat.
Place the bowl over the boiling water, making sure the bottom of
the bowl isn't touching the water, Whisk the lemon mixture for
about 5 minutes until the mixture has thickened and gone paler in
colour. Take the bowl off the heat and set aside. Squeeze the
excess water out of the gelatines leaves and add to lemon mixture
and mix until it has dissolved.
- Whisk the egg whites in a bowl.
- Whisk the cream in another bowl until softly thickened (but not
- Fold the whipped cream into the lemon mixture. Then fold the
egg whites into the mixture. Pour into your ramekin and chill for 3
- To serve, carefully remove the baking paper collar from around
the ramekin and your souffle will have set over the top of the