We are committed to reducing our carbon footprint year on year
by minimising our use of natural resources and reducing the waste
Is corporate responsibility important to your business? Find out
more about QHotels' carbon offsetting scheme for conferences,
meetings and events.
How did we perform against 2012 objectives?
To maintain large reductions in utilities already made as a
group and target ourselves with further savings of 2% for
electricity and 4% for Gas
- 2012 was cold and wet for much of the year, but in spite of
this and increased Hotel occupancy our Carbon emissions were just
437 tonnes higher than the previous year and we continue to operate
at 3,983 tonnes less than our benchmark year of 2008.
To install biomass boilers at three hotels
- Biomass was installed at Norton Park and following a period of
evaluation to ensure that the expected energy reductions were
achieved Hellidon Lakes biomass was also installed with Aldwark
Manor due to be installed very shortly
To roll out Electric vehicle Chargers to all our Hotels across the
group where suitable
- Additional chargers have been installed during the year, the
roll out has slowed to allow the installation of the latest
technology High speed chargers with installation for Nottingham
Belfry and Chesford Grange due to be completed by the end of
To have installed LPG and diesel digital meters at four hotels to
assist with targeting and monitoring our utilities to enable
further reductions in carbon emissions
- A cost effective solution to this has still to be found
To implement improved energy management systems and processes
- Our Carbon Management Tool is now in place and is assisting our
targeting and monitoring and CRC data collation.
- To reduce energy consumption at targeted and selected hotels by
the application of tried and tested technologies.
- Voltage optimisation units to be installed
- Boiler optimisation equipment to be installed
- Installation of one further Biomass heating
- Installation of further Combined heat and Power
- Programme of Retrofitting of LED light fittings in selected
locations where simple lamp replacement is not
- Improve our targeting and monitoring software to relate
consumption to weather conditions and occupancy
- Introduce targeting and monitoring of kitchen energy
consumption at selected hotels initially and then roll out across
- As a Group to maintain Energy consumption at 2013 levels in
spite of an anticipated increase in occupancy.
- To reduce water consumption of the group by a further 5% v