We are committed to reducing our carbon footprint year on year
by minimising our use of natural resources and reducing the waste
Is corporate responsibility important to your business? Find out
more about QHotels' carbon offsetting scheme for conferences,
meetings and events.
How did we perform against 2012 objectives?
To maintain large reductions in utilities already made as a
group and target ourselves with further savings of 2% for
electricity and 4% for Gas
- 2012 was cold and wet for much of the year, but in spite of
this and increased Hotel occupancy our Carbon emissions were just
437 tonnes higher than the previous year and we continue to operate
at 3,983 tonnes less than our benchmark year of 2008.
To install biomass boilers at three hotels
- Biomass was installed at Norton Park and following a period of
evaluation to ensure that the expected energy reductions were
achieved Hellidon Lakes biomass was also installed with Aldwark
Manor due to be installed very shortly
To roll out Electric vehicle Chargers to all our Hotels across the
group where suitable
- Additional chargers have been installed during the year, the
roll out has slowed to allow the installation of the latest
technology High speed chargers with installation for Nottingham
Belfry and Chesford Grange due to be completed by the end of
To have installed LPG and diesel digital meters at four hotels to
assist with targeting and monitoring our utilities to enable
further reductions in carbon emissions
- A cost effective solution to this has still to be found
To implement improved energy management systems and processes
- Our Carbon Management Tool is now in place and is assisting our
targeting and monitoring and CRC data collation.
- To reduce energy consumption at targeted and selected hotels by
the application of tried and tested technologies.
- At least 2 further Voltage optimisation units to be
- At least 3 further Hotels to be fitted with Boiler optimisation
- At least 1 further hotel to be equipped with Biomass
- To maintain Energy savings made in past years at 2012 levels in
spite of anticipated increase in occupancy
- Continue to roll out Electric vehicle Chargers to all our
Hotels across the group where suitable.
- To reduce water consumption by a further 2% v 2012