We are committed to reducing our carbon footprint year on year
by minimising our use of natural resources and reducing the waste
Is corporate responsibility important to your business? Find out
more about QHotels' carbon offsetting scheme for conferences,
meetings and events.
How did we perform against 2014 objectives?
To reduce energy consumption at targeted and selected hotels by
the application of tried and tested technologies
- Boiler optimisation installed at 3 additional hotels and the
energy strategy developed and agreed.
- Orders have been placed for further Biomass boiler
Improve targeting and monitoring software to relate consumption
to weather conditions and occupancy
- Developed and in place with access for hotels.
Introduce targeting and monitoring of kitchen energy consumption
at selected hotels initially and then roll out across the group
- Appropriate system developed and trailed and in the meantime
energy awareness training was conducted with all chefs attending a
- Ensure that QHotel standards of targeting and monitoring of
energy use are implemented across all the recently acquired hotels
and include all hotels in the group to the energy league table
- Introduce energy guidelines to all recently acquired
- Implement the kitchen energy reduction system into three
- Hold energy consumption to fall at targeted hotels energy
use vs sleepers
- Implement the energy reduction strategy to as many hotels as
budget will allow CHP further boiler controllers, solar panels and
- Continue the roll out of electric vehicle charging across more
hotels particularly in the north of the country
Luxurious One-Night Breaks on Loch Lomond