Investing in our Communities
Our aim is to use our skills, experience and financial
resources to support local and national initiatives, which
encourage our team members' involvement and positively impact the
communities in which they live and work.
- £42,000 raised by QHotels teams for a variety of local
charities. Some of the most notable fundraising activities were
driven by the hotel leisure clubs, who raised £3724 from a Rowathon
- The biggest fundraiser in 2012 was £24,000 raised in support of
a cycle ride from John O'Groats to Lands End by Dave Heap, QHotels'
Leisure and Spa Manager and 2 of his close friends. This was done
to raise funds for Acorn Children's Hospice and Alder Hey Hospital,
both of which supported his daughter Jasmin, who suffered from a
terminal illness, Sanfilippo Disease, and who sadly died aged 12 on
1st March 2011. All photographs of the journey are on the website
- if you still want to make a donation please click on the just
- QHotels carbon offsetting scheme for conference delegates was
relaunched. Funds from this scheme support Kibale Reforestation in
Uganda. The project aims to establish new forest cover over 6213
hectares of degraded land benefitting employment, biodiversity and
reducing greenhouse gases.
- A Charity Partner of "Meetings Industry Meeting Needs", a
charity specialising in supporting worthy causes relevant to the
events industry for 2012.
- Partner of the British Bee Keepers Association (BBKA) hosting
their AGM and developing a series of beekeeping weekends in 2013 to
teach participants how to keep bees.
- Placements and Educational Placements - We actively worked with
a wide number of schools and colleges throughout the UK supporting
on careers programmes and presentations, and offer a significant
number of placements each year, with an increasing number of
placement students then securing permanent employment with QHotels
after completing their studie.
- We also offered Apprenticeships/NVQs levels 1-3 in a wide
number of departments along with external accreditation of existing
training at every opportunity.
- To raise a target of £20,000 through a series of hotel and
leisure club activities.
- We have recently appointed a dedicated HR resource to focus on
expanding the apprenticeships and external accreditation currently
offered in 2013, and so help contribute towards helping young
people into work and improve social mobility in general.