Charity work at The Midland
The Midland's chosen charity is Francis House Children's Hospice
based in Disbury, Manchester. Fort a number of years the
hospice has been running the "Kirsty" appeals which has been
featured on television.
Why did we choose this charity?
Staff were invited to nominate charities of their choice and
these were all put to the vote. Francis House was chosen as
it offers care and support to local terminally ill children and
What fundraising have we been doing?
- Our Leisure Team held a charity Rowathon raising £619
- Recently auctioned Pink tickets and accommodation for two
people ay The Midland raising a total of £270
- We have sponsored 50 afternoon teas and Blue Badge guide tours
of the hotel to Francis House
- Collection boxes are placed on reception desks
- Our Leisure Team are currently selling Francis House charity
- In December we participated in the "Festival of Trees" at the
Lowry Shopping Outlet. The Midland decorated a tree with
various prizes such as afternoon teas, hotel stays which were then
auctioned off for the Francis House charity. This event was
out best to date and raised a fantastic £1,250!